Matthew began his law firm with the objective of building a community of caring, understanding, and philanthropy centered around the needs of its clientele. His polished product resulted in the creation of The Advocates personal injury law firm.
Matt graduated from the University of Utah’s Law School in December of 1991, and he immediately began to practice personal injury law in January of 1992. He launched a solo practice in Midvale and in 1995 moved to downtown Salt Lake. In 1996, Matt purchased a building which housed The Advocates until 2018 when the firm moved to its current location. Matt and a group of partnering attorneys of The Advocates joined forces and became the Driggs, Bills & Day, P.C. personal injury law firm. In his collective years with The Advocates, Matt has compensated his clients to the tune of over $300 million dollars.
When Matt isn’t in the office, he spends most of his time with his wife and five wonderful children. He is extremely passionate about traveling and self-betterment. Matt’s bucket list is packed full of adventure, including traveling to every continent and seeing every Wonder of the World.
- University of Utah – J.D. 1991
- University of Utah – B.A. English 1988
- Founder of Driggs Bills & Day of The Advocates – 1998
- Founding partner of Driggs, Osborne & Huang – 1996
- Contract attorney – 1991
- Washington Bar Association – 2012
- Mentor for new lawyers with the Utah Bar Association – 2010
- Utah Trial Lawyers Association – 2000
- Utah Bar Association – 1992